It was good to be back with you last Sunday and to worship with the body of Christ. I enjoyed sharing the message about how we can teach and admonish one another through “psalms, hymns and spiritual songs.” I look forward to sharing with you this Sunday how we can comfort another as we consider 1 Thessalonians 4:18.
On Sunday afternoon, our church staff and the COVID Advisory Team met together and agreed that we should resume all our ministry activities, with some adjustments, beginning this Sunday, September 19. These adjustments mean that some of our ministries and our physical arrangements look a little different, but these small inconveniences will allow us to resume our full slate of activities. I will try to summarize those adjustments below.
• We will continue to offer two worship services each week at 8:30 and 11 a.m., with childcare only available at the 11 a.m. service.
• We will resume Sunday School for all ages and focus on keeping class sizes small, providing social distancing in our classrooms by spacing chairs and removing tables as needed.
• The Proskuneo student choir will resume utilizing large meeting spaces.
• Our children, student and adult D groups will follow the same protocols as Sunday School.
• We will resume our Family Night Meals, but will move our eating to the gym.
• Our children’s choirs will resume utilizing their designated rooms for rehearsals and will move to a larger room if/when they need to combine for rehearsal. While rehearsing together, each choir will remain separated and distanced.
• Our students will utilize Orr Hall for their Loft meetings.
• All adult Equipping Center classes will utilize the largest rooms available on the second floor. Bro. Trent’s class will meet in the sanctuary.
• Adult choir and orchestra will utilize the sanctuary and Orr Hall for their rehearsals.
For all ministry activities:
• We encourage the use of face coverings.
• We encourage you to be considerate of others around you and provide space between individuals/families when possible.
• We ask that you stay home and worship with us online if you are sick or not feeling well.
• As always, we encourage you to take the necessary precautions you believe to be best for you and your family.
We look forward to resuming all ministries and appreciate your cooperation as we make the needed adjustments. I hope you will plan to gather with the family of God this Sunday as we worship the Lord together!